Although QuickBooks is designed for most to understand, however, in order for future information to be accurate, initial setup and installation must be done correctly. When installing and setting up QuickBooks , all information necessary to setup manual accounting records is also necessary, specially for those using QuickBooks Desktop. Which accounting method will you use? What chart of accounts do you need for your business? How do you handle beginning balances? Are questions you should ask yourself at the beginning of the set-up process. An expert can easily answer all of these questions and complete the initial set-up and installation in a timely manner.
How much does it cost? Before we quote you an exact price, we want to find out a little more about your business and your accounting needs. We work with many business owners and our rates are designed to fit reasonable budgets.
As any accounting software program, installation and training take time – time which is taken away from managing your business. Here’s a short list of the services we provide during your QuickBooks setup:
- Study and evaluate your software and accounting needs.
- Recommend software and hardware requirements.
- Install software, design and set up chart of accounts and entire accounting package including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, accounts payable, if needed.
- Determination of your QuickBooks starting date
- Loading your chart of account and balances as of that starting date
- Preparation of a list of the items that you sell to your customers. This list includes services, inventory parts, non-inventory parts, other charges and sales taxes
- Entering your outstanding accounts receivable and accounts payable details as of your starting date
- Entering your ending statement bank balances and outstanding checks & deposits in transit as of your starting date
- Printing a trial balance as of your starting date and comparing it to your trial balance from your old system
- Entering your transactions since your starting dates into QuickBooks
- Train client or client staff in use of software to meet their accounting, management and tax needs.
- Follow up training to ensure the client is “on the right track”.
- Monthly, quarterly or annual review of client QuickBooks data to assist in tax preparation and management reports.